Wednesday, March 4, 2009

A season to grow

Well, I'm back from a 4 day training weekend with MCYM Staff. Today is only the second full day off I've had since I arrived in Germany. The hours are long and the struggles of ministry are real here but it is so much fun to be with the students, to become part of their journey.

Our conference was for all first and second year MCYM Staff in Europe. MCYM is strongly commited to Staff training in different areas to ensure that we are equipped with the skills we need to successfully carry the Gospel to the students. We attended different sessions on Time Management Skills, How to reach out to Families, How to spend a day in silence with the Lord, How to share your testimony, Proffesionalism, How to engage Military culture, How to confront and deal with conflict, How to listen and converse more effectively, How to build a business plan for your ministry, How to lead an effective small group, How to cultivate student leaders and a few others. This training weekend was a wide-eyed time for me to just soak up these life skills and principles.. I desparetly need to grow in these areas to be used by God to my utmost potential. We've also been given homework assignments with books to read, book reports to do, scripture memorization sign offs and spirtual leader interviews that need to be conducted. Its heavy stuff for a simple beach bum like myself but I need this at this time in my life.

Club went well on Monday and Tuesday nights... Now I'm really looking forward to walking down Philosophers Way this afternoon with my friend Ashley. Its good to have a day to sit back and think about what has been and what is to come.

I miss so many people back home. I love you guys and I'm also seeing that the Lord's plan of redemption takes us all working together. Through one spirit in unity we take Good News to the world.

No comments:

Post a Comment