Monday, March 30, 2009

Hope for Tomorrow

I have so much hope for the future as I settle down for rest tonight. My first 6 weeks here have felt like a nightmare at times, but I see God all around me... I know that hearts are changed by the Gospel. The Gospel is the message here, its the story, its the words on our breath, its the reason and our hope. I came here for different reasons and most have faded away but the Gospel remains.

I don't want to live my life under my own power. I want to rely on the Holy Spirit. I am starting to seek God about my future again, while at the same time making the most of this opportunity. This work has revealed so many of my weaknesses which the Lord will overcome and I have a strong passion for Christ that I don't always feel that I can articulate. Honestly I feel more comfortable typing or writing words than speaking them... But my perspective is changing so much and my desires change alongside my perceptions.

I see how important education is right now. I feel that I missed the bus on getting a good education but I dont want to give up just yet. I feel a major push in my heart towards Bible College after my time with MCYM is complete. I am starting to pray and seek God about my education, I am listening for His voice and meditating on His Word.

Please pray that the Lord will clearly guide me to the right school next year just as He has clearly led me to this moment. All my faith is in the fact that He is good, I just desire to do the task that He has created me for... I think that's what I've been looking for for so long.

No comments:

Post a Comment