Friday, March 6, 2009

Learning to Hang On

I've had an easy life up to this point. I am and always have been a dreamer. Early in life it was hard for me to pay attention or to get my homework done. I used to dream as a young boy should about growing up near the water, camping trips with cub scouts and building tree forts in the back yard. My childhood always seemed to be entwined with thoughts of the river. Life has had it's moments, but the Christian life up to this point had been pretty easy. I went to church a few times a week, prayed as much as I could, I grew closer to Jesus and the trials did come but never like this.

The mysteries of ministry are unraveling all around me. It takes not only spiritual but mental strength to deal with the day to day situations that appear out of thin air. Cause the truth is that people are hurting, sin is real and bottom line... WE NEED JESUS. And that's a heavy burden to carry around in this tiny heart. God has been speaking, to me and to others. He pleads through us... We are now light as the darkness surrounds us. These recent days the waves have gotten larger, my ship is tossed and the shore is no where to be seen. The truth is a beacon that will guide me home.

I want to make the most of this. I don't want to go through these storms without learning from the lessons at hand. My mind runs away from me sometimes, I will confess this. I start looking for a way out. Sometimes I imagine the worst and expect the least. But we serve a God who is full of life, able to fulfill all of His purposes in you and me. As the storm rages I will not let go, because I know that He will not let go of me. As the pressure builds I will speak the truth and be set free. As the darkness comes I will shine my light and I will not be ashamed of that which lives in me. As I grow I will not look back or long for the former captivity. I will overcome.

3 comments:

  1. "I will speak the truth and be set free", I like that. Sharing truth always sets me free!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love how much you have grown as a person, friend, son, brother since the first day I met you.. Your doing wonderful things and God has many lessions to teach.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm praying for you!! Keep up the good fight!

    ReplyDelete