Wednesday, March 11, 2009

Everything Cool Happens in Europe

A month ago today my world changed... Heading east with starry eyes and a heart on fire I embraced the madness of being thrust into this "new" world like a fish out of water. I could feel the tremors of a life being changed through my mind, my heart, my prayer life, the way I walked with God, the way I intently would hang on each new verse that would give me a momentary life sustaining gasp of spiritual oxygen. I resisted the Spirit at times, doubted God's provision, recalculated the sum of the decisions that brought me here and faced the truth. The truth that God truly loves me enough to curb my selfish desires and break me for His glory is a hard one to wrap my one track mind around. I speak honestly when I tell you that I begged God for a mercy that could only come from him, I asked for a peace that could calm all my fears and I asked Him to make Himself known by my life and the way I live. I've even asked Him to help me write that I may accurately share with you how amazing His grace truly is.

I am a product of mercy, a child of grace, I write that you may know that it is worth it. Follow Him. Loose your hands and get a better grip on life. Empty yourself in silence, find Him in the midst of the chaos. Beauty grows despite the mess. I came to the realization this week that it would glorify God the most if I would just complete my joy in Him by finding my rest in Him. I no longer want to strive after the empty paths of self and comfort. I am very uncomfortable in the flesh but at home in the Spirit. I'm chasing this wild goose that keeps calling my name.

I had a wonderful day today with my friend Olivia. We spent the afternoon practically doing nothing but sharing life. The sky opened up today and we just reveled in the newness of the light. Mediocre tasks like an oil change, a trip to the post office and an afternoon in a McCafe just
seemed to cement the idea in my heart that this is all orchestrated by God. Its in His timing that Ive found true rest. Its His love that has put amazing people in my life. I have a lot to learn from the friends God has put in my life. I got a package from my penpal today and I cant help but know that it is God that has put her in my life. I'm listening to the "Everything Cool Happens in Europe Mix" she made me as I type and it all makes sense. He died for us that we may know Him. There's no mathmatical equation to forgiveness, it's all a byproduct of God's love and His character. Jesus shedding His blood for all mankind on the cross proves that He cares, whether you except that or not He is still worthy of all we have. Whether life is hard or not He is still on the throne. Whether the earth shakes or all is still every knee shall bow and every tongue confess that Jesus Christ is Lord. The Word of God will never be altered, He will never forsake His children, He diciplines us because He wants the best for us. He wants us to know Him in a way that changes everything about our lives.

I walked home tonight and just listened to the water of the Neckar River flow under the railroad bridge that crosses from Ladenburg. The sky was G3 and the moon seemed full, it was the first time Ive seen the moon since Florida. It has been so overcast and Ive missed it all the days to this point. G3 is rare in this valley this time of year. Is your life overcast? Just because you cant see what God is doing in your life doesnt mean He isnt there. You may think you will never see that light again, you may even forget its there but I assure you, that moonlight tonight caught my eyes and i couldnt even look away.

No comments:

Post a Comment