Thursday, February 5, 2009

ONE thing

What's the one thing about you?

What's the one thing that fuels your passion?
What's the one thing that you have the potential to be the best at?
What's the one thing that God has given you, to set you apart?

Answer for me: I don't know.

Yet I desperately want to know. I've spent much of my life serving two masters, going two directions, chasing the wind and being average in many things. I have a desire to be the man I was created to be and in my heart I know that God hasn't created us to be average. I'm really tired of just letting the years pass me by without holding on to that one thing.

Where do I go from here?

Answer for me: Turn to God.

That's the only place I know to go. I believe that only in Him will I ever find true north. He is my compass, my dream installer, passion breather and life giver.

Heavenly Father, please create in me a new heart... fix my eyes on Jesus, show me my "one thing", use me to light the dark... forgive me, stretch me, break me, heal me... it is in you that I find my purpose, it is in you that I find grace... move in me Lord toward that one thing that you've created me for. Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment