Thursday, February 12, 2009

Best First Day Ever!!!

I'm in Deutschland! I've only gotten 3 hours sleep since I left Jax but God has really comforted me upon arrival with His Holy Spirit.

I met my MCYM Regional/Community Director Phil at the Frankfurt airport this morning... and immediately started to feel a little culture shock. Everything is so different here but very good to my senses at this point. We met and started to travel to Heidelberg where I will be helping with Club Beyond. On the ride I got to share my full testimony with Phil and it was amazing the way I could sense the Lord knitting our spirits together. It's gonna be great to do ministry with a great Director. I then met a few of the other staff including Laura who is one of my best friends from Florida who leads High School Club, and Olivia who leads Middle School Club. Laura showed me around a few of the bases and then we got to eat lunch. Later in the afternoon we met up with more of the staff after getting a coffee and filling out some paperwork.

My favorite part of the day was attending a home group of Christian fellowship. This the ACTS CHAPTER 2 kinda home group where a family just opens up their home, cooks a home cooked meal and invites you in to commune with them. There was a special guest musician tonight who played some intense acoustic worship named Dan Meyers. I felt the love of Christ in that room tonight in Spirit and in Truth. And then on the way home we got to drive at over 100 mph on the autobahn! And it was snowing off and on all day, the snowflakes fell as if they were coreagraphed to a beautiful symphony.

I know that there is much more to come but the Lord couldn't have given me a better first day! Tomorrow we head of to a camp called ESCAPE with a bunch of Middle School students to study a few heros of the Bible.

1 comment:

  1. Hey! I'm glad to hear you made it there safely, and I'll be looking forward to reading about your time there!

    ReplyDelete