Saturday, February 21, 2009

The Lord is my strength

I wanted to write today to share an experience with you that I believe many of us have and will feel during our journey following Jesus. My first week was great in Germany yet filled with unknowns. Even the simple task of ordering food becomes a complex process of me trying to translate German in my mind to get something that I may be able to eat. Then there's the process of meeting new people, trying to establish a sense of direction and all the while still cultivating a relationship with the Lord. And to be honest, I'm relying heavily on the Lord right now just to make it through one day. One day at a time I am crying out to the Lord to hold me, nurture me, guide me and protect me. Its been fun so far, but not easy. I'm so used to my comfort zone and now its gone. Everything seems raw to the touch, the cold wraps itself around me... and I still see people hurting in every direction. They've got no way unless they hear the Gospel. Imagine a life with no direction home...

So I write to convey that I have felt a bit under spiritual attack the last 24 hours. And I'm not trying to hang out all my laundry I'm just writing because maybe you can relate. The closer you get to the Lord I think the opposition increases. There are many lessons we learn on the road of sanctification and I know the Lord has a few for me over the next 10 months. One that I probably really need to and will learn is commitment. I have a tendancy to bail when things dont go smoothly... Thats just part of who I've been. But now today, my knees hit the floor and my heart is open to hear from the Lord. My soul is willing to be changed.

This is the verse I just read after all these emotions have been rushing in:

For this reason I bow my knees before the Father, from whom every family in heaven and on earth is named, that according to the riches of His glory He may grant you to be strengthened with power through His Spirit in your inner being, so that Christ may dwell in your hearts through faith- that you, being rooted and grounded in love, may have strength to comprehend with all the saints what is the breadth and length and height and depth, and to know the love of Christ that surpasses knowledge, that you may be filled with all the fullness of God. Ephesians 3: 14-19

Paul prayed this for us and I now pray this for you.

No comments:

Post a Comment