Sunday, August 30, 2009

Truth?

Are you hungry? Jesus is the Bread of Life.

Are you thirsty? Jesus is the Living Water.

Jesus will meet you where you are. If you seek Truth, look no further than Him, He will set you free. If you are lonely, He will never leave you or forsake you. Salvation is found in no one else, for there is no name under heaven given to men by which we must be saved. If you are single -marriage will not solve your problems. If you are rich -your money can't buy your way. If you want life, you must find Christ. Life flows from Him. He invented it. He knit you together in your mothers womb, You are the made in His image by Him for Him. You have purpose: To bring Him glory and honor and praise. He wants you to know the fullness of grace and to be changed by the power of the cross. You were once alienated from Him because of sin but there is hope. He has made peace through His blood that was shed for you and me on the cross. He has made this relationship right and presents us holy in the sight of God because of His death, burial and resurrection. This is the Gospel. That God would leave heaven on a mission to make things right, to make a way, to humble himself and serve, to cover our sin and to model obedience even to enduring the cross. The act of a Holy God giving Himself up for us changes everything. I have been crucified with Christ and I no longer live, but Christ lives in me. The life I live in the body, I live by faith in the Son of God, who loved me and gave Himself for me. We live by faith in the power of the Gospel and we know the Truth. Life becomes new as we now live by faith. Once you have tasted that Living Water, once you have the Bread of Life, You know life in Christ.

This is the Truth I was looking for my whole life. When I was alone, alienated from God in my mind, insecure and compensating... desiring to serve myself and find life at the altar of happiness. God doesn't want you to be happy, He wants you to be holy. He wants you to be overflowing with love, compassion, peace and joy. He wants you to know Truth and be like Him. He wants you to walk with Him and experience life by Him for Him.

The Gospel is my desire and my burden for you. I pray that you find Truth in Christ Jesus, the Truth that endures to all generations. He is God's plan to reconcile us to Him, "to make things right." This is grace. Sinners made Holy by the blood of Jesus. It's not good works + Jesus. It's not sacrifice + Jesus. It's only Jesus. Grace is that while we were yet sinners, Christ died for us. The Truth that makes my life worth living is that Jesus is the Truth that has set me free.

He loves those who love Him and those who seek Him find Him.

No comments:

Post a Comment