Saturday, August 1, 2009

to know Him more...

There's life and there's living. There are mistakes to be made and lessons to be learned. Failure is not an option, sometimes it's mandatory. It's so easy to get wrapped up in self. I know that Christ has both set me free and is setting me free. That's a doozey to explain but a joy to understand. Peace, Wisdom, Love, Faith, Hope... these things are a by-product in my life of what Christ did to sin on the cross. Why He chose to die in that manner I will never know, but I am certain that it was motivated by love. God is love, He is perfect and wants good for His people. He wants good for you. He wants you to know Him and seek Him and find Him.

Sometimes life gets so noisy it's hard to hear His voice. Sometimes life gets so busy we run out of time to read His Word. Sometimes life gets so uncertain it's hard to know His will. Yet as I sit here on my bed, typing from a place of rest and another lucid a-ha moment in my heart... I wonder if God's will for my life is just for me to know Him more, not in a theological sense but in a Father/Son way. He is calling me to fall in love with Him and to meet Him, to find Him in the silence even in the midst of chaos. Jesus took time to leave the crowds and find His Father in solitude. Maybe we should too. I've never been so aware of how noisy my life has been. I've never seen so clearly how much I have been affected by media, by the rush of culture, by the desires of my flesh.

I'm trying to say is this: God hasn't gone anywhere. He's not on vacation. He hasn't drifted away, He is on the throne and Jesus sits at His right hand making intercession on our behalf. Jesus still speaks. He hasn't stopped speaking, its just that sometimes life may be too loud for us to hear him. His blood stands in our defense. He wants you to come home. He wants to show you and the world through you, an authentic display of love.

No comments:

Post a Comment