Monday, August 17, 2009

A day on the Altrhein...


Back from a day on the water with some really amazing students! Today about 14 of us took a canoe trip down the Altrhein River, it's actually a runoff of the Rhine River. We met this morning, loaded into some vans and headed for a day of paddling and soaking up the sun. Well, my knees soaked it up well, they are very burned. We paddled for a few hours down the river, stopping to swim and eat every so often. We laughed and smiled and tipped and swam, we shared an awesome moment of life together!

For me, I was so excited to share the Gospel today! I was in nervous prayer a bit this morning and just praying from my heart that the Lord would show up and exalt Himself above all else. I had the opportunity to share from Mark Chapter 4, four parables that Jesus taught along the shore + one life application (the storm, that took place the same day). I shared a truth, scattered a seed into the lives of these teens. I shared that Christ endured the cross for them, because of love... That he was put in a tomb but the grave couldn't hold Him and that He has risen again, defeating the penalty and the power of sin in our life. This is the truth that I am compelled to share. It is this truth that makes life worth living. I mumbled and tripped over my words a little today, but the Lord used me to scatter a seed of hope into the lives of these military teens. Please pray for them as they are confronted by the truth of God's unfailing love. He is so powerful yet so personal. My life has changed by grace and will never be the same... all because He first loved me.

No comments:

Post a Comment