Tuesday, August 11, 2009

The tide turns

I'm living and learning, walking a road with God and sometimes I'm peeking down the side streets, wondering what life would be like if I went that way. Sometimes it's my own desires that lead me to chase self-centered dreams, sometimes the pressures of culture seem to almost force a decision or a step, but at all times God is in control. I've been praying about ministry and school and friends that I miss and students that I'm working with. I've been reading the Gospels and a few books on leadership. I've been really missing my family, my church, my friends and the ocean. I've been writing down the things that God has been showing me. I say all of that to say this. It is all rubbish compared to knowing Him.

But whatever gain I had, I counted as loss for the sake of Christ.8 Indeed, I count everything as loss because of the surpassing worth of knowing Christ Jesus my Lord. For his sake I have suffered the loss of all things and count them as rubbish, in order that I may gain Christ9 and be found in him Philippians 3:7-9


The beauty of life is that it's about Him. I've learned that if I keep my eyes on Jesus, I will see true beauty. If I trust in His sovereignty, I will know peace. If I follow Christ, I will know His will. If I love Him, I will obey Him. If I love others, I will serve them and share truth with them. If I trust in Him, I will know Him through each step of the way: Through drought, through plenty, through smiles or pain, through peace or war, through sunshine or rain, through ocean or desert... He will be there with me.

No comments:

Post a Comment