Thursday, April 30, 2009

The Times They Are A-Changing...

I walked off the plane into this moment of newness and it seems as soon as my suitcase hit the ground everything started to change. I'll admit that the change has been slow to come for me. It takes a different kind of individual to succeed here, and in order to be an effective leader here everything must change. I was naive in thinking that a hungry heart and a passion for youth would be enough. I just bought my first planner yesturday. I never thought I'd be that kind of guy, never really wanted to live by a to-do list and though it may be naive of me to think this way... I thought that if I had made it this far, maybe I could ride that wave that way till I one day reached the shore. I'm really writing this because I want to say that I am desperately trying to step up to the challenge of being more organized and better managing my time. And the reason behind that is the students here. If I can really improve here with my job performance I think in turn, I will better serve the students. I pray that the Lord will have mercy on me as I go through these growing pains and as I learn to not live life one wave at a time but one page at a time, one day at a time.

No comments:

Post a Comment