Monday, April 13, 2009

"Crisis of Belief"

I can surely sense that I've hit a wall of faith in my walk with God or what Henry Blackaby referes to as a "crisis of belief". What I believe in my heart just doesn't match up to what I see in my life. I want to be more effective in sharing Christ, give more and serve from a purer place in my heart. As I pray for the next level and hold on to God through the continous spiritual storms of life I trust that the righteous will live by faith. Though I may not see what God is doing I will trust that He is good and continue.

I don't think I'm alone in this place, I believe that many christians come to this crossroad where we must choose to trust that Christ is in control even when it appears that the wicked prosper as we suffer and the darkness seems to allude the light.

Jesus, you are my King... and I will serve you. I will turn my eyes to the cross, because your shed blood makes sense of my pain. If they rejected you they will surely despise me. I trust that faith is the only true currency in this bankrupt world and I will trust in who You are. Make me a humble giving servant. Forgive me for being saturated with self and distracted by the temporary things of this life. Lead me and show me the way everlasting. Amen.

2 comments:

  1. This is something that I too have struggled with. I've come to realize that it's not just a one time surrender, but a continual thing...like the "take up your cross daily and follow me" kind of thing.

    Thank you for your transparency. Reading your blogs is such an inspiration and and encouragement. It's been amazing to watch God transform you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for keeping it real bro, Jesus honors that

    ReplyDelete