Wednesday, May 6, 2009

The Amazing Race

Wow, time flys. This is the first chance to rest I've had since my last blog post. I feel like I've been moving and processing things as fast as I can... and even though that may not be quick enough I believe that God is doing something through us here.

Last Friday we had our Freaky Friday event for May: "The Amazing Race." Over 80 Middle School students showed up to decipher clues planted all over the Patrick Henry Village post and use teamwork to complete each task. The first team to find each clue and complete each station would be crowned winner of The Amazing Race. After the race we had a huge game of Dodgeball before Laura shared a Gospel presentation on "the lost coin" and how God loves and treasures each of us so much that He would send His son to rescue us.

The following day me and my friend Ashley took a daytrip to Bruges, Belguim to take a look around. It was the coolest little city, of which I knew nothing about... which in my experience makes it better when you have no expectations. I love seeing different cultures and hearing different languages, knowing that God created all of this and it reminds me that He's still in control.

I'm excited to rest today a bit and prepare for my small group tomorrow...

No comments:

Post a Comment