Friday, April 17, 2009

Life & Faith

Through all the struggles of life and faith it is amazing to hear from God... He speaks to us through His son Jesus Christ. He loves us with unfailing mercy and grace. He is truth and holy. His holiness is honestly something I can't even grasp... He is completely other.

I've been holding on and choosing to trust in a God that would leave all the glories of Heaven to die for me. Learning to look at the cross instead of my shortcomings. Remembering the past and how He changed me, washed me and made me new. I was addicted, broken and empty yet He met me where I was. In these harder times I've been remembering the first days of being transformed and it makes me thankful before Him. Just like Habakkuk I am waiting and listening and God is speaking and I am growing in faith as the result. Our walk with God is not validated by circumstance but by His love.

Habakkuk Ch 3 Verses 17-19 read,
17.Though the fig tree should not blossom And there be no fruit on the vines, Though the yield of the olive should fail And the fields produce no food, Though the flock should be cut off from the fold And there be no cattle in the stalls, 18.Yet I will exult in the LORD, I will rejoice in the God of my salvation. 19. The Lord GOD is my strength, And He has made my feet like hinds' feet, And makes me walk on my high places.

This is this kind of faith I want, need and am praying for... As it all falls apart progress cannot be measured, it is in these times that I want to sing of His goodness and take joy in His presence.

God grant me faith that I might know you MORE.

No comments:

Post a Comment