Sunday, April 5, 2009

This too shall pass...

It's another afternoon here in Ladenburg, Germany. Another day of rest, my next chance to clean my dirty clothes, rest my bones, read a book and or close my eyes. It's quite warm today so I decided to put on my flip flops (I havent worn flip flops since I arrived in Europe) and stroll through town and maybe grab a bite to eat. I stopped at the Galleria Pizzaria on the Hauptstrasse. There were some tables outside where you can stop and eat while the town passes by on foot or on bicycle. There are musicians playing in the street for change, people shopping, tourists wide eyed, children laughing and you just get the feeling that everyone is enjoying life together. Its a slow pace, long stare, deep breath kinda town. It's a sit by the bridge in the park and watch the water pass you by and listen to the wind sing kinda place. I sat down to order a Gnocchi alla Romana from the streetside cafe. As I approached the table two elderly gentlemen also sat down. I'm a complete stranger who can speak hardly any German but the three of us just sat down and made the most of the moment. They had just visited the Mercedes Museum that is just down the street and they actually gave me a free pass to go check it out this month. They told me about Heidelberg in different seasons and how much they love Ladenburg. Since all the MCYM Staff and Students are in Czech for Service Project I've been just stuck here and it was so nice to actually have some human interaction today. So now that I'm home I just felt like jotting down this terrific little lunch I had and sharing this experience. I know it's in my best interest for me to rest and let my bones heal so I'm trying to enjoy the little things that happen this week.

No comments:

Post a Comment