Saturday, May 9, 2009

maybe just maybe

maybe just maybe, everything's workin out for a reason... the tides and the shade, the struggles and the pain, the stars and the changing seasons. maybe just maybe, i've got a little more to say... hope in my heart, Gospel on my breath, a future on the narrow way.

we had a fun week with nerd night on Monday (everyone dressed up like geeks, dweebs and nerds) and then a great small group on Thursday and a paintball night on Friday. I got to go to both a track meet and a baseball game for our students this week and I feel that there is something deeper in me producing something through me that I can't quite explain or comprehend. it must be Jesus and His glorious mercy. i was one of those breathing tornados but now i live in the eye of the storm...

i talked to my best friend who is road trippin through Cali right now and I was so encouraged by our conversation. it's true: IRON SHARPENS IRON. God please grant me the grace to saturate myself with YOU. mold me both for tomorrow and the future. equip me just to rest in You tonight. help me to forget the past and PRESS! (on) i think there's been days lately where i've felt so alone and depressed that i've doubted the goodness of God... i haven't turned my back intentionally but instead of being filled with the Holy Spirit i've been overflowing with apathy... which is sort of a oxymoron i think...

anyways, i am thankful for this moment, i am thankful for forgiveness, i am thankful for hope and i know that a day is coming that will be the culmination of grace. i look forward and rest tonight in thankfulness and joy

***sorry for such a random & poorly punctuated/grammatically incorrect blog post

No comments:

Post a Comment