Thursday, September 10, 2009

Under the same sky

Sitting here in some place with forest hills and tiny roads. No fast food for kilometers. No gelato within walking distance. I worked hard today, made good use of time and crossed some things off the list. I've had a crazy night though, one of those nights that make you hopeful for tomorrow. I've spent the last short while reading old blogs from this trip. Walking down the bumpy memory lane of my first few months here. It's amazing the way the tables have turned now. I am a different person now than I was 5 or 6 months ago. It's funny as I read my old blogs how much I notice the Christianese. It's funny how words like grace, mercy, truth and love flow through everything. Maybe as Christians we try to communicate using these words sometimes and tonight I wonder if there's a better way? I want to learn more. I want to continue on this path. I want to find more of God. I want to be a stronger man. I want to be healthy spiritually and physically. I want to be a better friend. I want to listen more than I speak. I want to charge the waves of life harder than I charge the waves of the sea. I want to connect with my family and love them better. I want to be a better brother, son, cousin, student, leader and a better man. I want to take this experience and never forget the lessons I've learned here. I want to go full throttle for His glory the rest of my days!

No comments:

Post a Comment