Tuesday, September 22, 2009

A day in this life...

Everyday is a new chance for me to be stretched and broken. When I break, the Gospel seeps through the cracks with power. Cause it's not about me...

Rolled over this morning and opened my Bible and was so encouraged by what I read. In 2 Peter 1:3 it says: His divine power has granted to us all things that pertain to life and godliness, through the knowledge of him who called us to his own glory and excellence. It made sense. I have everything I need to live this day for the Lord. I was supposed to teach tonight and God showed me that I have everything I need to share the Gospel. I dont have a degree from a seminary and I still havent read the entire Bible but I have everything I need in Christ to share the Truth of His grace tonight. So I head out the door to work and morning prayer knowing that this day I will give to Christ and live it for Him. Yet... Living in the will of God and following Christ is always easier said than done. Everything came at me today. I wasn't communicating well, things were getting under my skin, attitudes were stirring within me. I knew for a fact that this opposition was trying to hold me back from teaching God's Word tonight. Up until this point in my life, I've experienced severe opposition as soon as a day before I would teach but never on the same day. I just decided to follow through and be faithful to what I had studied and what I felt called to share.

I stood up today almost a broken man and in that moment I knew that God had moved me out of the way. I knew that He needed to speak tonight. Peace is with me now as I type this knowing that the life, death, burial and resurrection of Jesus Christ was proclaimed as the Way to know who God is. God is Creator. His book is all about us knowing Him through His Son. The whole book is God revealing Himself to us. Even the first verse reveals Truth. He has created us. And check this, we can never know who we are or know what our purpose is until we find out who Jesus is. Once you find out that Jesus is who He said He was... Once you find life through His Spirit you will also find that you were created BY HIM FOR HIM. Purpose now flows through your life to bring Him glory, honor and praise.

There will be more hard days to come. There will be more Truth as well, as I read God's Word and He reveals Himself through Jesus Christ and The Holy Spirit. There will be more struggle and more victory. There will be more brokenness and emptiness followed by joy and praise.

No comments:

Post a Comment