Sunday, July 26, 2009

Don't Forget!

I spent a week with the MCYM Staff at the annual MCYM Welcome/Goodbye Conference in Wildberg, Germany and God spoke into my life clearly and I wanted to share a few thoughts with you through this medium. Who is this God? and Who are we? Two questions that were posed during two sessions of the Conference. The speaker Dave Sanders used a quote from a book called Creation / Temptation by Bonheoffer that said, "Satan does not here fill us with hatred of God, but with forgetfulness of God." It seems easy for us to forget sometimes the God we serve:

How good He really is...
How Holy...
How merciful...
How He is full of light and in Him there is no darkness at all...
How strong...
How eternal...
How matchless...
How complete...
How victorious...
How loving...
How gracious...
How BIG...
How true...
How Glorious...

And then we not only forget who He is, at least as I speak for myself: I often forget who I am:

I am accepted.
I am God's child. John 1:12
I am Christ's friend. John 15:15
I am united with the Lord. 1 Corinthians 6:17
I am bought with a price, I belong to God. 1 Corinthians 6:19-20
I am a member of Christ's body. 1 Corinthians 12:27
I have access to God through the Holy Spirit. Ephesians 2:18
I am complete. Colossians 2:10
I am secure.
I am free from condemnation.
I am assured all works together for good. Romans 8:28
I cannot be seperated from the love of God. Romans 8:35-39
I will be perfected. Phillipians 1:6
I can find grace and mercy in time of need. Hebrews 4:16
I am significant.
I am the salt and light of the earth. Matthew 5:13-14
I have been chosen and appointed to bear fruit. John 15:16
I am God's workmanship. Ephesians 2:10
I may approach God with freedom and confidence. Ephesians 3:12
I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me. Phillipians 4:13

What would happen to God's people if we reminded oursleves daily through His Word and prayer... Who He is and Who we are in Him? I think the world and our lives would be turned upside down. I think people would be loved and experience true love. I think people would come to know God and hearts would bow down in worship before Him. I don't wanna forget who God is and I don't want a false perspective of myself. It is no longer I that live but He is alive in me! Thats why I wanted to share this with you. It's changing my life, and I pray it will change you.

1 comment:

  1. Wow! I never thought about how Satan fills us with forgetfullness...so true. Thanks for helping the Lord remind me of who He is and who I am....awesome!

    ReplyDelete