Friday, December 4, 2009

Show me Jesus

It's that time again... time to transition back into a culture that I'm sure I have grown unfamiliar with. I've already said goodbye to a few people here that I will probably not see again. I am extremely excited to come home! I miss the faces of my friends and the family of the local church. I hope and pray that I will never take my church for granted again, it is amazing the way the Lord works through the body of Christ and I want to be a part of it.

Adventure starts when you dare to do the impossible with God. When you seek holiness that comes from His righteousness. When you dream His dreams. When you lay down your life for someone else. When you humble yourself and turn your mind upside down with the Truth of God's Word. Impossibilities become the adrenaline to live the life God has called you to.

This adventure has been hard. I've lost parts of me in this process. I've been hurt and healed and stretched and stressed and thankful and broken and empty and overflowing and tired and wired and hot and cold and high and low but I am alive in Christ. It is no longer I live but He in me! Yes, I am at war with my nature but the Spirit propels me toward Christ.

If I could just see Him.

Lately my mind has been occupied with beautiful dreams about seeing Christ. If I could just see Him my entire life would change. If I could just see Him I would be like Him instantly! If I could see Jesus my life would never be the same.

2 Corinthians 3:18 "And we all, with unveiled face, beholding the glory of the Lord, are being transformed into the same image from one degree of glory to another. For this comes from the Lord who is Spirit."

Matthew 5:8 “Blessed are the pure in heart, for they shall see God."

Give me purity, give me Christ, my deepest desire is to see God. This is the cry of my heart. My greatest desire is to see God and to be with Him! Nothing else will do. Nothing else will satisfy or quench this thirst but living water.

No comments:

Post a Comment