Saturday, December 27, 2008

past & future

I hope you had an amazing Christmas time and had a moment to reflect on Jesus and how He is the gift. I pray that you will put your faith in that one true gift. The gift of The Savior that came to be our righteousness and light.

Right before New Years, just after Christmas every year I start contemplating the past and the future.

What happened in 2008?

Am I different than I was a year ago?

Am I closer to the Lord or further away?

Do I now reflect who Jesus is more than I did 365 days ago?



and then i start wondering...


What's gonna happen this year?

How's Jesus gonna shape me and mold me this year?

Who will I meet?

Where will we be?


I'm currently approved to start ministry with Young Life and MCYM in Heidelberg, Germany in 2009. We have set a goal for me to move there in February and now I am praying that the Lord will provide the necessary funds for a ten month internship on Army Garrison Heidelberg. I will be doing relational youth ministry with military teens, leading a small group, and just "hanging out" sharing the love of Jesus Christ.

Please pray for me during this "faith exercising-time"... Specifically that the Lord will provide the funds and further mold me to be an effective leader.

If the Lord puts a desire in your heart to be a part of this ministry through prayer, finacial contributions or if you have any questions please email me at: scotrm3@hotmail.com

thanks,
ROb

No comments:

Post a Comment